In this article, we will go through the guide to buying the best blankets for when you go camping.
We will first go through what you need to look for in buying a blanket. Then, we will introduce you to five blankets that you can buy.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for When Buying the Best Blanket?
- Five Best Blankets on the Market
- Balichun 330GSM Fleece Lightweight Travel (50-Inch-by-61-Inch) Bed Blanket - Royal Blue
- Extra Large Picnic & Outdoor Blanket with Water-Resistant Backing
- Tuffo Water-Resistant Outdoor Blanket with Carrying Case
- Grabber All Weather Blanket
- Yodo Soft Compact Outdoor Water-Resistant Picnic Blanket Tote,Stripe
- Who is the winner of the line up?
What to Look for When Buying the Best Blanket?
Here are some of the things that you need to look for when buying a blanket. This is important because if you are going to find the best blanket, you need to have a clear idea of what you are looking for. Otherwise you will be searching for nothing at all.
Selecting the size of the blanket you need depends on the size of your bed. The idea is that you don’t want to use a blanket that is too small or too large to fit on your bed.
For example, if you selected a king-sized blanket for a queen-sized bed, then that would not work. Instead, you would select a queen-sized blanket for your bed. That way, you can use the blanket comfortably.
The Material of the Blanket
What material your blanket is made out of is very important because you want to select a blanket that is suitable for your environment.
Here are some examples of materials that you could consider when you are buying the best blanket:
If you live in the cold, harsh winters; then you should consider getting a blanket that is made of fleece. That materials is well known to be used in jackets and pillows because it is a comfortable material and it keeps you warm when you need to be kept warm.
Or you can decide to buy a blanket made out of cotton. These blankets tend to be cheap and are easily maintainable. Not only that, these blankets are soft enough to be used in the summer months as well as in the winter months where they add a layer of warmth to the bed.
Maybe if you are the one who is looking at buying a blanket to remove grease, dirt and grime, you might consider buying a cashmere blanket. These blankets tend to come from East Asian countries where they come from the coasts of a goat. Not only that, but they feel smooth and are very expensive.
If you are tired of having shrinking blankets, then you should try a cotton blend blanket. As the name suggests, the blanket is made out of various fibers that prevent the blanket shrinking in the washer. They also stay soft for a long time, despite being relatively costly
For those who want to go to sleep in the most natural way possible, maybe you should try a duvet blanket. These blankets are made from duck feathers and are often used without any sheets or blankets on top. These duvets come in many decorative designs.
This sort of ties in with the materials of the blanket, but which kind of the blanket determines how you can wash the blanket. Some blankets, such as electric blankets, require dry cleaning. Others, such as fleece blankets, require a cold wash; and other blankets can be placed in the washing machine and washed until they are clean.
The way that the blanket is designed for will have an influence on the washing options of the blanket. For example, blankets that are designed for extreme weather tend to be only hand washable because they are designed with certain materials in mind that are too delicate to be machine washed.
Warmth of blanket
This is entirely dependent on the purpose of the blanket, and the material that the blanket is made out of.
If you are looking for a blanket to keep you warm, then you will choose a blanket that is made out of materials that add warmth to the bed at night in those harsh winters.
Or if you are looking for a blanket to keep you cool during the summer, then you might decide that having a blanket with a thin material is the way to go.
Whichever material you decide; all that matters is that the blanket does its purpose – cover you while you are in bed.
The look of the blanket
One of the things that initially draws a person to a blanket is the color and the shapes of the blanket. You might not care about whether the blanket looks a certain way, but it took a unique color and shape pattern to get your attention. Otherwise, you would have been looking at nothing.
If you are concerned about the look of the blanket, consider looking for blankets that are made of materials. Cotton blankets tend to have a great variety in patterns and colors on the outside of the blankets. Fleece blankets tend to be simple and elegant with very little patterns or colors.
Five Best Blankets on the Market
This can be a great blanket that you can use when you are sleeping in your tent or when you are living at a campsite, that is if you are looking for money for value.
With multiple colors and patterns to choose for this blanket, you can also choose different sizes for the blanket.
Made out of fleece that can keep you warm, the Balichun blanket can be a well-ventilated blanket that makes it a suitable blanket for camping in the outdoors when the temperatures are likely to drop in the single digits.
Not only that, but this blanket is machine washable and can be air dried. This means that you can easily wash this blanket without any special equipment.
- Made from a soft texture material.
- Made of 100% Polyester.
- Comes in variety of colors.
- Can be machine washed in cold water.
- Can be used all year round.
- Blanket has to be washed on its own.
- Cannot be washed with clothes that has the same soft texture.
- Known to show signs of pilling.
- Shedding has been known to occur on this blanket.
If you are looking for a blanket that has that extra toughness and durability that you want from a blanket, then this blanket will fit the ticket.
Made out of 100% polar fleece material; this blanket is very soft and has a water resistant backing. This ensures that you do not get a wet bottom while you are sitting down on this picnic blanket.
Since this blanket is also wind resistant, this blanket can be perfect for wrapping yourself around within those cold winter nights while you are out there camping.
Best part about this blanket is that it is easy to clean up and can be machine washable. No need to use specialist cleaning techniques.
- Made of polar fleece.
- Slippery proof.
- This blanket is machine washable.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Has a convenient buckle and strap.
- Comes in only two colors – red and blue.
- Only one type of this blanket is machine washable.
- Can only be used on flat ground.
With this outdoor blanket, it is made out of a cotton blend of 80% polyester, 20% cotton. What this does is it makes the blanket very soft. This means that you will be very comfortable while you wrap yourself in this blanket.
What makes this blanket good is that the blanket has a nylon backing which makes this blanket water resistant.
The blanket also comes with its very own carrying bag. This carrying bag has several pockets so that you can store your belongings while you are going on those long treks, looking for a spot to pitch your tent.
- Made up of cotton blend material ( 80% Polyester, 20% Cotton).
- This is a blanket that is designed for the outdoors.
- Also designed to be used indoors.
- Made of a lightweight material.
- Comes with a carrying bag which has pockets.
- Blanket can develop loose threads in the stitching of the blanket.
- The folding instructions are very complicated to follow.
This blanket is a great blanket for those who might be camping in the harshest of conditions.
What sets this blanket apart of these blankets is that this blanket can protect you from illnesses such as hypothermia, hyperthermia, heat exhaustion etc.
The other plus about this blanket that it can be very easy to fold. That’s because it has grommets which are designed to hold the blanket together. All you have to do is place a ring inside the grommets and the blanket can be held in place.
Although this is a blanket that is mainly designed for survival rather than comfort, you can still find it useful when you are camping in the harshest of conditions.
- This type of blanket is suitable for the most extreme weather
- Retains about 80% of all human body heat.
- There are grommets in all corners of the blanket.
- The material of the blanket is a laminate of fiber scrim and has been aluminized.
- The blanket can also serve as a heat reflector.
- Only comes in an orange color.
This is one of the coolest blankets that you will find on this list. Mainly because of its unique folding style.
The first thing that you will notice about this blanket is that it folds like a tote bag. This makes it easy to carry all by itself, which can save you space in your luggage.
Coming in all sorts of colors and patterns, this tote blanket is perfect as a picnic blanket when you are camping and need to sit on something very soft.
The water proofing feature of this blanket will also ensure that you do not get wet while sitting on this blanket.
- Can be rolled into a compact tote bag.
- Has a waterproofing backing feature that ensures that you stay dry.
- Material made out of soft fleece.
- The blanket has foam inside the blanket.
- This blanket can be suitable indoors and outdoors.
- The blanket folds so that the fleece is sticking out.
- Blanket can only be folded in one way.
- Is not machine washable or machine dryable.
- Cannot be dry cleaned or ironed either.
- Laminated backing can easily be peeled off.
- Velcro strap capable of causing damage to the exterior of the blanket.
The clear winner has to be the Balichun 330GSM Fleece Lightweight Travel (50-Inch-by-61-Inch) Bed Blanket - Royal Blue.
The reason why this blanket fits in with the criteria for the best blanket is very simple.
Firstly, the blanket is machine washable. That means that cleaning the blanket will be very easy to do, whether it is by hand.
Secondly, the material of the blanket is 100% polyester. This meets the needs for a blanket that can be used in a whole variety of situations, both inside and outside the home.
Thirdly, this blanket comes in a variety of colors and patterns. That means that the consumer has a choice of what kind of this blanket that they want to get.
Most importantly, because of all of these features, this blanket can be used all year around, giving this blanket money for value.
Although this blanket needs to be cleaned on its own and has been known to have pilling on the surface of the blanket compared to the other brands on this list, at least the blanket is easy to use in a variety of situations and folding is not complicated to do for this blanket.