What To Pack For Backpacking In 6 Easy Steps
When you have planned your trip and you are about to pack for backpacking, the key question that comes to your mind is what are the things that you are going to need the most?
The answer to that question varies according to the weather conditions of the site which you’re planning to go to. But there are a few important things that every backpacker needs. So to answer your questions regarding what to pack for backpacking, we have made a list of things that you need to pack.
First you need to choose a backpack of a standard size that can carry the essentials you need.Small backpacks are also available in the market to carry your laptop or cameras or any other devices. Here is the checklist for what to pack for backpacking.
#1 Comfortable shoes
Comfortable shoes are an important essential for your backpacking trip, because of all the walking you have to do during your trip; you might need flip-flops and trainers according to your need.
Flip flops are very much needed in hot places like a beach. Trainers are light weight and can be folded so they occupy less space and are needed when you are somewhere in the mountains or rivers.
Clothes are usually lightweight but they cover space so you need to pick cleverly. These articles should be in your backpack:
- A few pairs of underwear
- A few pairs of socks (choose the fabric according to the climate of the place where you are going)
- 2 pairs of trousers; the ones that dry easily and are light in weight
- 2 shorts and 1 swimming shorts
- 2 T shirts
- A waterproof jacket
- A zipper or a fleece top
- A Sun hat
#3 Important documents
On a long trip there are a few important documents that you must have with you. These include:
- A travel insurance which is very important in case something happens to you.
- Credit cards
- Confirmations of Flight
- Driving license
- Vaccination Proofs
While you travel there are few electronic things that you need during the trip. This includes:
- A camera for capturing all the beautiful places you visit and to record all the memorable moments of your trip.
- A Kindle or an IPad because you are going to be spending a lot of time on buses or trains so to keep you company you must have one of these.
- A laptop in case you want to keep working while you are travelling so you don’t miss any important work.
- A smartphone that is a must essential because if you don’t want to carry a laptop, you can always check your emails on your smartphone and you can also use it as an mp3 player.
- Power bank is a gadget that I would recommend personally because you should always be prepared; in any case you don’t have access to electricity, you should have an alternative method to charge your phone.
- A USB device comes in handy if you require to save your data or transfer it.
- Headphones are also a must so that you can listen to music to add to the experience.t here...
#5 Toiletries/Wash kit
The checklist of toiletries is:
- Toothbrush/Mouthwash and Toothpaste
- Razor/Shaving Cream
- First Aid Kit
#6 Handy things
- A towel can come handy in many situations while travelling especially after a bath.
- Umbrella: a lightweight one preferably.
- Water bottles for camping
- Backpacking water filter
- A Sarong, which is a skirt to cover you and provide insulation.
- A disposable spoon, knife and a fork for quick and cheap meal.
- A sleeping bag for comfortable sleep
- Ear plugs
- You may need guidebooks for places that you don’t know anything about.Also, you can take reading books if you don’t have access to electricity to keep you company.
- Locks are necessary for security purpose because you are in new surroundings and it is highly important to keep things safe and secure and keep the backpack locked.
- Travel pillows are a good idea if you have enough space to keep them.
- Sunblock cream and a moisturizer is a must if you are going somewhere hot or going to a beach area.
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes can be used for sanitary purpose as they carry less space and are easily disposable.
- A nail cutter comes in handy if you are going on a long trip.
We have organized all the essentials that you might need on backpacking trip in one place. I hope this post answers you every question about what to pack for backpacking.
If we have missed anything, do let us know and tell us about your views on the post in comments. Don’t forget to share the post with your other backpacker friends!